I have pfSense (BSD) installed, and working fine for over 6 mos now, as my
network IDPS on the external interface. Went OCD and created a complete
installation guide and integration script.
It's a bit long and detailed but it works like a charm:
https://github.com/jcholsap/freemod/issues/1#issue-1016495279