Dear all,

I had a lethally bad hardware failure on computer.  Since I had to buy a
new machine this took a while, now I try to save some data: the old SSD
is attached to a brand-new qubes via usb adapter. I started

sudo pvscan    and   sudo vgscan --mknodes    and sudo vgchange -ay as
manual says.

unexpected output:

 PV /dev/mapper/OLDSSD   VG qubes_dom0      lvm2 [238.27 GiB / <15.79
GiB free]
  Total: 1 [238.27 GiB] / in use: 1 [238.27 GiB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]
  Found volume group "qubes_dom0" using metadata type lvm2
  Check of pool qubes_dom0/pool00 failed (status:1). Manual repair
required!

  1 logical volume(s) in volume group "qubes_dom0" now active

then I consulted dr. google for help, and found little help. This one

https://mellowhost.com/billing/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/65/How-to-Repair-a-lvm-thin-pool.html

suggested to deactivate volumed so that a repair can work. Only swap was
active, I deactivated it. But repair does not work:

lvconvert --repair qubes_dom0/pool00
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  transaction_manager::new_block() couldn't allocate new block
  Child 21255 exited abnormally
  Repair of thin metadata volume of thin pool qubes_dom0/pool00 failed
(status:-1). Manual repair required!

So now I am struck and ask for help! This is not purely qubes-related, I
known, but I hope to find competent help within the community.

cheers, Bernhard