Sounds helpful, I'll try it when I get a chance, thanks :) After reading this
[1], I can now even use my USB mouse directly after booting, without having to
assign it to dom0 first. So slowly but surely I'm warming up to QubesOS. A
wonderful system :) Now if I can just find a way to see how much processor load
and memory is currently being used globally, I'll have all the pressing open
construction sites taken care of for the time being. Over the weekend I will
switch to a QubesOS installation as my new device for daily use. I am excited
and glad that this project exists with this great community :)

1: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb-qubes/#usb-mice