Am 04.08.23 um 08:36 schrieb Omri:
Regarding the installation media - I installed it according the
installation instructions described on the website (with Rufus) and I use
windows 11 to make the installation media.

Okay.

According to what I understand, the bash command in the link compares the
size of both the media and the file downloaded. I compared with the the
"properties" window of the "File Explorer" and the media has almost 1 MB
more than the ISO file I downloaded. Is it right?

It is probably right that the "properties" window of the "File Explorer" shows a size (partition size?) that is a little bit bigger than the ISO file. At least, it makes sense.

However, the bash command does not compare the sizes. It compares the relevant *content* on your installation medium with that of the ISO file. If they are different, a message like

```
Binary files - and Qubes-R4.1.0-x86_64.iso differ
```

will show up when the command terminates, else not.

You may wonder why the content could be different. I don't know the answer but my experience is that sometimes there are faulty spots on a USB flash drive. This could lead to everything: Hanging installation, graphical glitches or even an unbootable device (in this case, the device is the mentioned USB flash drive).

Do you have an installed Linux anywhere (or a live Linux)? You could use that in order to execute the appropriate command. Else: Does anybody know how to compare the installation medium and the ISO file under Windows 11?

You could also just rewrite your installation medium with Rufus again and try installation again.

Best regards,
Tobias Killer