Hello 'Haaber',

Am Sa., 17. Feb. 2024 um 08:10 Uhr schrieb 'haaber' via qubes-users <
qubes-users@googlegroups.com>:

> Hi
> > I tried to upgrade my Qubes OS system from 4.1.2 to 4.2.0 using the
> > "qubes-dist-upgrade" script.
> >
> > The upgrade failed - and - now the system is in a 'weird' state.
> >
> > None of the Fedora- or Debian-based VM have 'external / public'
> > network access anymore.
> >
> > The 'anon-whonix' VM however still does have 'external / public'
> > network access - and - the update of templates through the Qubes
> > Updater is also still working ...
> >
> OK, I am not an expert on THIS question. Some general remarks: the
> network card seems to work, right? So you need to check where the chain
> breaks.
>
> - go to sys-net (open terminal via widget) type ping 8.8.8.8 and see if
> you come out

Working.

> - go to sys-firewall (terminal via widget) and do the same.

Working as well.

> if these two work, and an app-vm has no network, its config got lost.
> Look at network settings of the corresponding appVM. It should be
> sys-firewall in std setting, apart anon-whonix, of corse which uses
> sys-whonix.

 Not working. - I changed the settings from "default (sys-firewall)
(current)" to "sys-firewall" in one App-VM ...

An additional / new info is, that an update check for 'dom0' does no longer
work !

I did not explicitely try that before ...

Does it make sense to try to just restore 'dom0' as a start ?

With kind regards,

Viktor