Hi again,

On 08/11/2013 03:36 PM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 08/11/2013 08:44 AM, David Taylor wrote:
>> Today is the start of a new GPS 1024 week epoch - see:
>>
>>   http://adn.agi.com/GNSSWeb/
>>
>> Folks with really old GPS units are reporting problems, those of us
>> with current millennium GPS receivers should be OK, though.
> I would word it differently, it's the epoch of a particular line of GPS
> receivers, but not of GPS itself.
>
> Remember that any Sunday, it is likely that a GPS reciever have slipped
> a multiple of 1024 weeks. NTP drivers should be able to recognice it and
> compensate for it, as it is a re-occuring bug in many recievers.
>
> This issue have been discussed over and over again at time-nuts.
I forgot to mention that we have already seen HP/Agilent recievers of
the Z3805A and Z3815A generation affected, and that Furuno (maker of the
GPS module in them) have issued a statement relating to this
wrap-around. See the time-nuts list for details.

Any week is potential for older recievers, but this one seems like a
real one.

Cheers,
Magnus