eugene...@sbcglobal.net writes:
> Has anyone noticed that Poul-Henning Kamp has work well underway,
> funded by the Linux Foundation, which involves a complete re-write of
> NTP from the ground up? (It isn't clear what the new software will be
> called, but it sticks with the NTP packet format.)

Not quite.  It's a leaf-node client only, and it will not include any
built-in monitoring capablilty (that will be a separate add-on).

LF/CII is not paying for a new client, they are paying PHK and me to do
NTP Development work.

> He has been posting occasional updates on his work at
> http://phk.freebsd.dk/time/index.html

There will be more information posted about this when it's closer to
being released.
--
Harlan Stenn <st...@ntp.org>