Miroslav Lichvar <mlich...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:05:45AM +0000, Rob wrote:
>> We have systems in places that are not temperature controlled and then
>> chrony is much better.  I am looking for the best way to find the
>> values to use in the tempcomp configuration directive.
>
> What resolution does the sensor have? Don't expect good results
> with 1C or 0.5C resolution that sensors on mainboards typically have.

I am still finding out what sensor is best to use, we do have a room
temperature sensor that has .1C resolution and is readable via snmp,
and there are the usual sensors for board- and inlet air temperature.
(and of course CPU temperature)

It does not matter if it is only a course indication, the room temperature
varies over a -10 .. 50C range (don't ask...) and a 1C resolution is not
bad relative to that.