On 2015-02-25, Paul <tik-...@bodosom.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Charles Swiger <cswi...@mac.com> wrote:
>

>> Data is available.  Feel free to review the papers referenced from:
>>

> I was unclear.  I mean specific research regarding disciplining a clock via
> manual correction not human coordination or fine motor control.
>
> As I said, an unbiased assessment of long term corrections using manual
> correction.  Not "well theory says" speculation either on the part of
> chrony and/or human performance.

I am still unclear as to what you would want. To use an analogy, it sounds like
you saying
you want original research on disciplining the clock using say
tick.microsoft.com, not theory as to how ntpd works, or
tick.microsoft.com works. and evidence as to how ntpd works with any
other server is irrelevant, you want research on that particular server.
What are you looking for, or is this just an
excercise in futility.
A human clock source is just like any other source, with an offset
accuracy somewhere between .2 and 1 seconds. Both chrony and ntpd have
been tested ad nausium with clock sources of many different kinds. We
understant them, both theoretically and experimentally. What is there
about this particular clock source that  you would want to investigate.