To be honest, I’ve been using the KK stuff  with logic pro, not QWS. I’m not
really sure how well they work with QWS.  I do know that they work with reaper
though.
How strange that your keyboard doesn’t have a local off function. All keyboards
should have that ability.  Of course, the alternative would be to play it using
an external controller when you’re using it in QWS.  As far as pricing for the
 KK products, the Komplete CE package is $1600. I believe the ultimate package
is 1200, and the prices go down from there. I don’t recall the prices of the
controllers off hand.

God bless!
Seth