On 18/11/2010 10:38 AM, Janko Thyson wrote:
Sorry, but I'm still kind of puzzled on this one ;-)

Found the Tcl/Tk section in the manual but I don't really understand where I
have to set those options.

The quote below is from the Unix section of the manual. You're on Windows.

Tcl/Tk is included in the Rtools installer, but you have to choose to install it. It looks as though you didn't, or didn't install it in the right place.

Duncan Murdoch

  Append it to 'make all recommended'? I checked
'make --help' which didn't list any such options. Or does that refer to the
installation of Tcl/Tk itself? I downloaded and installed the binary version
of Tcl/Tk (ActiveTcl
http://downloads.activestate.com/ActiveTcl/releases/8.5.9.0/ActiveTcl8.5.9.0
.293667-win32-ix86-threaded.exe) and as far as I understand, I now need to
link that to the tcltk package of R, right? I don't know how I would install
Tcl/Tk from its sources, but if that's the better choice: could anyone drop
me the command line(s) I need to execute in order to install and link Tcl/Tk
to my R (pre-)build?

Thanks a lot,
Janko

SECTION FROM THE MANUAL (P. 32):
A.2.1 Tcl/Tk
The tcltk package needs Tcl/Tk>= 8.4 installed: the sources are available
at http://
www.tcl.tk/. To specify the locations of the Tcl/Tk files you may need the
configuration
options
   ‘--with-tcltk’
     use Tcl/Tk, or specify its library directory
   ‘--with-tcl-config=TCL_CONFIG’
     specify location of ‘tclConfig.sh’
     ‘--with-tk-config=TK_CONFIG’
   specify location of ‘tkConfig.sh’
or use the configure variables TCLTK_LIBS and TCLTK_CPPFLAGS to specify the
flags needed
for linking against the Tcl and Tk libraries and for finding the ‘tcl.h’ and
‘tk.h’ headers,
respectively. If you have both 32- and 64-bit versions of Tcl/Tk installed,
specifying the paths
to the correct config files may be necessary to avoid confusion between
them.

SYSTEM INFO:
  - Windows XP SP 3
  - R-2.12.0