I made a script RAqua with

#!/bin/sh
exec "/Applications/RAqua.app/Contents/MacOS/RAqua" "$@"

and put it in /usr/local/bin.

Now RAqua starts up the Aqua GUI, as expected, but library(tcltk)
says there is no tcl/tk support (and I do have the frameworks).

Also the menubar is blocked, and output from help() and library()
is written to the Terminal window.

But I guess you already new all this. Very exciting.

In previous builds I used, by the way,

configure --with-tcl-config=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/tclConfig.sh --with-tk-config=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/tkConfig.sh --enable-R-shlib --without-x --with-aqua --with-blas='-framework vecLib' --with-lapack TCLTK_LIBS='-framework Tcl -framework Tk' TCLTK_CPPFLAGS='-I/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.Framework/Headers -I/Library/Frameworks/Tk.Framework/Headers'

to make absolutely sure that AquaTcl/Tk was used.