Hiroyuki Kawakatsu wrote:
Hi,

I am building 2.1.0 (re-release version, if that matters) on a Windows XP
machine. Following the instructions 3.1 "Building from source" in
R-admin.html, I managed to get up to 3.1.6. But when I try to build the
recommended packages, I get

C:\hiro\codes\proj\R-2.1.0\src\gnuwin32>make recommended
--- Unpacking recommended packages
---- VR
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../library/boot/DESCRIPTION'.  Stop.
make: *** [unpack-recommended] Error 1

What did I do wrong? In /library/Recommended I do see boot_1.2-22.tar.gz
but I don't see the /boot subdirectory in /library. Thanks for any help,

Did you put the tar.gz file in the right place? It should be in src/library/Recommended, which is where "make rsync-recommended" should put it, not library/Recommended, which won't exist in a correct build.

Duncan Murdoch