On 02/09/2010 2:29 AM, raje...@cse.iitm.ac.in wrote:
Hi,

I've built my own package in windows and when I run R CMD check Package-Name I
get,

* install options are ' --no-html'
* installing *source* package 'AceTest' ...
** libs
  making DLL ...
g++ ...etc. installing to <PATH>
  ... done
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
Warning: ./man/AceTest-package.Rd:34: All text must be in a section
Warning: ./man/AceTest-package.Rd:35: All text must be in a section
*** installing help indices
** building package indices ...
** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) : unable to load shared library 'H:/RTick/Project/Client/AceTest.Rcheck/AceTest/libs/AceTest.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
ERROR: loading failed

The message "The specified module could not be found" comes from Windows. It probably means that your dll depends on some other dll and the other one is unavailable, but it might mean that AceTest.dll itself can't be loaded (permission problems, defective dll, etc.) In some cases Windows will pop up a dialog box with more information than that skimpy message, e.g. if you install the package and try to run library(AceTest) from within Rgui.

Duncan Murdoch

* removing 'H:/RTick/Project/Client/AceTest.Rcheck/AceTest'

can someone point out what went wrong?