On 15 November 2010 15:30, kgorahava <kgorah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install and run Rattle on my Dell Laptop and I have Windows
> 7
> OS.
>
> The following three commands executed successfully :
>  install.packages("RGtk2")
>
> install.packages("rattle")
>
>  library(rattle)
> Rattle: Graphical interface for data mining using R.
> Version 2.5.47 Copyright (c) 2006-2010 Togaware Pty Ltd.
> Type 'rattle()' to shake, rattle, and roll your data.
>
> When I type the below command, I get an error message.
>
> > rattle()
> Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
>  unable to load shared object
> 'C:/Users/Kaushik/Documents/R/win-library/2.12/RGtk2/libs/i386/RGtk2.dll':
>  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
>
> Failed to load RGtk2 dynamic library, attempting to install it.
> trying URL
> '
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gtk-win/gtk2-runtime-2.22.0-2010-10-21-ash.exe?download
> '
> Content type 'application/octet-stream' length 7820679 bytes (7.5 Mb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 7.5 Mb
>
> Learn more about GTK+ at http://www.gtk.org
> If the package still does not load, please ensure that GTK+ is installed
> and
> that it is on your PATH environment variable
> IN ANY CASE, RESTART R BEFORE TRYING TO LOAD THE PACKAGE AGAIN
> Error in as.GType(type) : Cannot convert RGtkBuilder to GType
> > rattle()
> Error in as.GType(type) : Cannot convert RGtkBuilder to GType
>
> Why do I get this error message ?
>
> Please advice.

It looks like you did not install the gtk2 package (independent of R) first.
But in the process, RGtk2 noticed this and it looks like it installed it
okay. You might like to follow the instructions that are shouted at you as
all capitals:

"IN ANY CASE, RESTART R BEFORE TRYING TO LOAD THE PACKAGE AGAIN"

Hope that works.

Installation instructions for Rattle can be found at:

http://datamining.togaware.com/survivor/Install_MS_Windows.html

Regards,
Graham