Hi,

On Apr 25, 2011, at 6:38 PM, Abraham Mathew wrote:

This is kind of a second question (yeah, I know), but I also get a similar
error when I try to install the RCurl package

* installing *source* package ‘RCurl’ ...
checking for curl-config... no
Cannot find curl-config
ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘RCurl’
* removing ‘/home/abraham/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.13/RCurl’

The downloaded packages are in
‘/tmp/RtmpNmbI03/downloaded_packages’
Warning message:
In install.packages() :
installation of package 'RCurl' had non-zero exit status

I just went through a similar experience on CentOS. My Linux skills are a bit wobbly, but I learned watching my local IT whiz get me straightened out. Have you tried testing the curl companion command, curl-config, to see what you have installed? For example...

$ curl-config --version
libcurl 7.19.7

If that doesn't work then it seems to me that you either don't have curl installed or if you do it isn't on your search path.

Cheers,
Ben

I never had any problems with installing packages. However, I recently
removed my windows
partition and things all weird now.

Thanks again.