On 07.11.2011 14:32, Alaios wrote:
So I just need to get the

    user  system elapsed
   0.460   0.048  67.366

user value and convert the seconds to days and then to hours ? Right?

What about this elapsed field?

Yes, the elapsed time in seconds.

Uwe Ligges

________________________________
From: Uwe Ligges<lig...@statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
To: Alaios<ala...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "R-help@r-project.org"<R-help@r-project.org>
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2011 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [R] How much time a process need?

On 07.11.2011 11:09, Alaios wrote:
Dear all,
I have finished a large function that takes around 1 day to finish.
I was using system.time(callmyfunction()) to measure how much time it needed to
finish, my problem is that I do not know how to interpret their numbers.
I was looking to convert these results to something more readably like.
"This function took 1 Day 2 hours and 35 minutes to complete."

How I can convert the system.time output to something like that?

system.time() responds in seconds, hence you can apply simple arithmetic
to get days, hours and minutes.

Uwe Ligges

B.R
Alex