On Dec 2, 2011, at 3:55 AM, lincoln wrote:

Thanks.
Anyway, it is not homework and I was not told to do that. My question has
not been answered yet, I'll try to reformulate it:
Does it make (statistical) sense to resample with replacement in this
situation to get an estimate of the CIs? In case it does, how could I do it
in R?

Some further details on my real case study:
10 independent samples from a population in ten sessions. Each sample
consists of a number (somehow variable) of random individuals that are
classified as 0 or 1 depending on one specific state (presence or absence of
a disease).
I can calculate, for each session, the percentage of individuals diseased
but I have nothing about the CIs, any suggestion?

I do not see much advantage to using resampling in this instance. The variance of a proportion is not theoretically complicated and you have introduced no further complicating factors that would call into question the validity of the estimates you would get from prop.test.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT