Yes it's windows (vista). It's not a specific package. I've tried more than
a CRAN mirror and the message it's always date (the list with the packages
simply doesn't appear).
What proxy settings should I verify specifically (sorry I don't know a lot
on informatics)? I've installed a few packages before this and I never had
such a message.

Thanks

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Uwe Ligges
<lig...@statistik.tu-dortmund.de>wrote:

> On 06.06.2012 17:14, Andreia Leite wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I'm trying to install a package but every time I select the option form
>> the
>> menu this error message appears:
>>
>>  utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
>>>
>> Error in read.dcf(file = tmpf) :
>>   Line starting '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLI ...' is malformed!
>>
>> Do you have any clue of the reason why is it happening? I'm using a older
>> version (2.9.2) but it always worked perfectly!
>>

> Have you checked proxy settings?
> Is this Windows?
> Have you checked if the (also unstated) CRAN mirror you are using  works
> correctly and delivers that part of the repository?
>
> Uwe ligges
>

>> Best regards,
>> Andreia LEite
>>
>> --