Hi,

I have a problem that appears to be quite common - warnings that 'x' must
be numeric. How can I get rid of that problem?

specifically, I am trying to run an mrpp with a species-site data set plus
a second file containing factors. Both files are saved as .csv and comma
separated. I have tried  to remove the column titles in a number of ways to
not cause the problem to begin with, but r wasn't really impressed.

what I've done so far is:
#reading my species-site data set
mzbtaxa<-read.csv("MZBTaxa.csv", header=TRUE, dec=",", sep=";")
mzbtaxa
names(mzbtaxa)

#reading my factors file
mzbsites<-read.csv("MZBSites.csv", header=TRUE, dec=",", sep=";")
mzbsites
names(mzbsites)

library(vegan)

##trying to run mrpp
mzbtaxa.mrpp <- mrpp(mzbtaxa, mzbsites$Site, distance = "bray")

##which is where I get my warning 'x' must be numeric. Any ideas how to
deal with that?

Many thanks in advance,

Claudia Pogoreutz