R-3.0.1 (use all digits for describing an R version) is not the problem.
 Most likely you are masking a function
or something like that.  When you started the R session, did you get a
message about "restoring a previous session"?
If so, then close R, find the directory in which you were working and
delete (or rename) the file ".RData", and start R again.
Or perhaps you inadvertently detached the "stats" package.  type "search()"
to check on that.
The repair is the same as above.

Rich