Hi  again,

I have a question on some outliers that I have in my response variable (wich
are bird counts). At the beginning I did not drop them
 out because they are part of the normal counts and I considered them
"ecologically" correct.

However, I
tried some of the same models without ouliers and the AICs are thus better. I
 also have nice significances this way...

So would you say that, even though the outliers are right
observations and taking into consideration that already the negative binomial
distribution that I am using is accounting for the some of the overdispersion
due to the outliers, it is
 better to drop them out as the models fit better this way?

Thanks for your patience!

:)