Hey guys,

I have tested the metafor trim and fill function (y:SD, x:SMD)on my data
set and yielded the following result:

1. missing studies on the right: 34

2. open circles on the rights side appear to be the number of additional
effects

3. adjusted d would be higher than observed d.

Since normally, as I understand, those parameters are the other way round
(black dots indicating missing studies on the left, which would reduce the
effect size), I wonder:

Is there a mistake I have done? Or, if this is an actual outcome how can I
interpret this?  That its not a publication bias that influences my data
set, but a lack of precision (studies missing that are precise -small SD-
and have big SMD)?

Many thanks in advance!

Verena