thanks for your reply, Wolfgang!

Regarding the dots/circle -"problem" I am relieved now :-)

Regarding the Trim and Fill outcome I don't really think that it's the
wrong side, I just dont know how to interpret the result.

regtest () reveals a negative z, which is not significant.
ranktest () reveals a negative tau, which is not significant.

Any ideas? :-)

best,

Verena