I just tried it on an old Windows computer. I don't see dataeditfg in the preferences menu; I think it is the internal variable name used for "dataedittext".

The row and column names don't appear to be controllable from that menu, they seem (on my machine) to be displayed in the same colour as the background of a dialog box, i.e. some kind of gray. I don't think R tries to control that colour, but perhaps some Windows setting would change it.

Duncan Murdoch

On 2024-05-13 4:50 a.m., Iago Giné Vázquez wrote:
Hi all,

I've just could test your suggestions on using dataedit... entries now, and indeed they work... partially. See, please, the next screenshot:
https://ibb.co/Dkn2pVs <https://ibb.co/Dkn2pVs>

dataedituser modifies the red borders
dataedittext the yellow text
dataeditfg... I do not know, specified to green the output of View(mtcars) does not change from that of the screenshot dataeditbg is the (almost) black background...., but in the column and row names.

I tried the modifying the different colours through the GUI preferences, and the background colour for column and row names did not change. May this be a bug?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Iago