Hi Roland,
thanks for your answere. I actually tried out a different, smaller
Latex-header and the sweave-process suddenly worked. So I copied parts
of the old header into the new one, to check what part is causing the
trouble. In the end I had two documents with identical content.  The new
document worked fine with Sweave the other still gave out the
error-message. If anybody has experienced that problem before, and knows
an answere, please let me know.
Unfortunaetly I also still have an encoding problem with the new documt,
that ran through Sweave. If I use  "ISO-8859-15" fontencoding in my
editor and "latin1" for input encoding in my Latex-document everything
works fine. If I keep both in "utf8", as I would like it, german mutated
vowels (Umlaute) aren't displayed correctly.