Dear all,

I am trying to import a SAS file into R (in fact I only need the value labels
from the formats file), using Hmisc package, but I get this error:

my.sas <- sas.get("/home/adi/3", "fis1_sgg")
sh: sas: not found
Error in sas.get("/home/adi/3", "fis1_sgg") :
  SAS job failed with status 32512

I read some past discussions and I get the impression that sas.get() needs the
full path to the SAS executable, but I don't have that because I am using
Linux.

Is it possible to use sas.get() without having SAS installed?

Or alternatively, is there another function to import the formats into R?

Thanks in advance for any hint,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa