Dear Frank,

I understand. Never used SAS before, so I don't have it installed anywhere.
StatTransfer is a very useful tool indeed, but maybe I don't know how to use
it properly.
What I have is a "mydata.sas7bdat" file, along with a "formats.sas7bcat" file.
I specified  reading SAS value labels "Read directly from a catalog file", but
nothing appears in the output, neither in the R workspace nor in an
intermediate SPSS file.
I also tried exporting to a SAS portable file to import directly in R, but
there is probably something obvious that I miss because value labels are not
there, whatever I do...

Thanks for your help,
Adrian

--