Bye Chuckles, killfiled. - Greg

________________________________
From: Charles C. Berry <cbe...@tajo.ucsd.edu>

Cc: R-help <r-help@r-project.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 1, 2009 2:47:51 PM
Subject: Re: [R] Formatted text output

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Gregory Propf wrote:

> How does one write formatted, say "C style", output to a text file.  I want
> something like "y=mx+b" for my linear regressions but with m and b derived
> from the fit objects.  Also, how does one go about extracting just the slope
> or intercept from such an object. - Greg

Following the __posting guide__ should have gotten you through this. viz.

    ??format ## leads to sprintf
    ?lm      ## See Also coef
    ?coef    ## "Extract Model Coefficients"
    ??file   ## leads to sink
    ?sink    ## "Send R Output to a File"

e.g.

> coefs <- coef( lm(rnorm(10)~I(1:10)) ) ## for example
> sprintf( "y = %5.2fx%+5.2f", coefs[2], coefs[1] )
[1] "y = -0.08x+0.50"
> sink("myFile.txt")
> sprintf( "y = %5.2fx%+5.2f", coefs[2], coefs[1] )
> sink()

Chuck

>     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

                                            Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine