See the manual Writing R Extensions, Section 6.5.1: Printing from FORTRAN

Best wishes,
uwe Ligges

rkevinbur...@charter.net wrote:
Hello,

From the date time stamps I see that not only do I have the results of the
build in 'gnuwin32/front-ends' but I can also see the time stamps have changed
in the main bin directory so I assume that the result of 'make all recommended'
also copies the results there.

Now on to the packages. I was interested in following the flow of 'stl' so I
added the following lines to stl.f in src/library/stats/src.

      do i=1,n
        write(*, '(a,2f8.3)') 'stlfts1 ', x(i), trend(i)
      end do

This is in the function stlfts. But when I execute the following 'R' code from
the R console:

d <- stl(nottem, "per")

I don't see any output. Is there another version without the print statements
that is getting executed?

Thank you.

Kevin