hi,

I have a vector full of strings like;

xy_100_ab       xy_101_ab       xy_102_ab       xy_103_ab

I want to seperate each string in three pieces and the separator should be the
"_"

at the end I want a data.frame like:

column1 column2 column3
xy              100                     ab
xy              101                     ab
xy              102                     ab
xy              103                     ab

I tried strsplit but I couldn't figure out how to convert the list I get into a
data.frame.

I just need a function like read.table. But it seems that read.table only can
handle files, not vectors...