I have a feeling that this is an embarassingly simple fix, but I've been at it
for most of the morning and can't get things figured out.

I'm trying to work through some examples in Crawley's "The R Book".  I have
installed packages and libraries as described in the book, but when I try, for
example:

data<-read.table("c:\\temp\\daphnia.txt", header=T)

I get:

Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "rt") :
cannot open file 'c:\temp\daphnia.txt': No such file or directory

There is nothing in my c:\temp folder, so I'm not suprised that it doesn't
work, but I can't for the life of me figure out which package or library I will
need to gain access to this and other data files used in this book.

Thanks in advance,

-Dave