Hi Carrie,

Here are two options:

# Option 1
d <- data.frame(x, t)
y <- with(d, ifelse(t == 0, rbinom(2, 1, 0.2), rbinom(3, 1, 0.8)))

# Option 2  -- more general case, e.g. you do not know
#  how many 0's and 1's you have within each strata
spd <- with(d, split(d, x))
do.call(c, lapply(spd, function(comp)
                with(comp, ifelse(t == 0, rbinom(sum(t==0), 1, 0.2),
rbinom(sum(t!=0), 1, 0.8)))))

HTH,
Jorge