Yes, in my case here, each strata has the same number of 0's and 1's. But I
want the y to be randomly generated within each strata, so y should have
some difference across the strata. (at least for the rnorm part we would see
much clear randomness)
(I hope what I am asking here is clear to you. )

Using option 2 you provided previously
the output:

> cbind(x, t,y)
      x t         y
 [1,] 1 0 0.0000000
 [2,] 1 0 0.0000000
 [3,] 1 1 0.8920037
 [4,] 1 1 1.6695435
 [5,] 1 1 0.8289429
 [6,] 2 0 0.0000000
 [7,] 2 0 0.0000000
 [8,] 2 1 0.8289429
 [9,] 2 1 0.8920037
[10,] 2 1 1.6695435
[11,] 3 0 0.0000000
[12,] 3 0 0.0000000
[13,] 3 1 1.6695435
[14,] 3 1 0.8289429
[15,] 3 1 0.8920037

For the rnorm part, it seems only take 3 values 1.66954, 0.82894, and 0.8920