From: Peter Dalgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I didn't suggest looking at the example section of the help pages
without a reason...
It should be pretty clear example(pairwise.t.test) does give output
that pretty clearly indicates that all pairwise comparisons are being
performed.

It's only clear if you know what you're looking for. Worse: the pairwise.t.test help page tells me that the value is an "Object of class 'pairwise.htest'". Fine, but help.search("pairwise.htest") produces nothing at all. Sorry, but I'm just a newbie having a tough time interpreting the pairwise.t.test function and its output.

P.S. Try googling for "pairwise t-test". Ironically enough, the first hit that correctly explains what pairwise.t.test() does is a SAS help page that's at number 10 for me; the preceding 9 hits confuse paired t-tests and pairwise t-tests.
http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/v7/whatsnew/insight/sect3.htm