Heather J. Branton wrote:
Hello. I am an R newbie struggling to learn and use R . I have read many portions of the R Reference Manual, as well as the FAQs. Given that I learn something new each time, I know I might be missing something obvious. But I appeal to your good nature to help me through this initial problem.

I have attached a pdf file to demonstrate what I desire and have listed what my data looks like in Excel (below). Following is the data and script I developed - which does not provide what I want.

Dear Heather - Please read Bill Cleveland's book The Elements of Graphing Data. A MUCH better plot can be produced. And let time be one of the first variables to vary.