On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Halldor Björnsson wrote:

I recently wrote a package that runs on both Linux and Windows.
The functions fetch data to an SQL database and make diverse plots, usually with many labels and annotations.

I recently noticed that on SOME windows computers the fonts
in the plots were too large, which caused labels to overlap.

What graphics device are you talking about for your plots?

On other windows computers this does not happen.
However on both computers the command par("ps") gives 12

As one would expect. But are the windows the same size?

Now, windows is not my forte, but it seems likely that this has to do with some user/system settings. If so, my users would probably object to me tweaking their windows setup since it might have an effect on other programs.

Windows will be asked for the same fonts, but the window size may differ: see the help page. And users can apply magnification factors.

One simple solution is to use par(ps=10), but I cannot find out how to
set this globally.

a) Does anyone know how I can set par(ps=10) by default on all figure?

I think you want to start the device with pointsize=10.

?windows lists the options you have, if it is the device.

b) Is there a windows specific way to set default fontsizes in figures?

It is device-specific, usually parameter `pointsize'.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]