>From what I understand, you want to set up a factor with the levels
reversed.  It is not that `5 is larger than 1', but that you created a
factor with the levels in alphabetic order.  Lattice plots in the order of
the levels.

Something like  f <- factor(f, levels=rev(levels(f))) will do this.

For the horizontal factor, give the levels in the order you want them to
appear (which might not be the reverse of alphabetic).

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]