I would like to turn off all the messages during
library(aPackage) or
require(aPackage)

I tried different commands: invisible, capture.output, sink but none of them is
working.

For example, loading VGAM, gives a lot of unnecessary messages:

> library(VGAM)

Attaching package: 'VGAM'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:splines :

         bs

        The following object(s) are masked from package:splines :

         ns

        The following object(s) are masked from package:boot :

         logit

        The following object(s) are masked from package:boot :

         simplex

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         glm

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         lm

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         poly

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         predict.glm

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         predict.lm

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         predict.mlm

        The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

         scale.default

Any hint/help will be appreciated.