Try this.

1. following Ben remove the Randalstown point and reset the levels of the
Location factor.

2. then replace solve with ginv so it uses the generalized inverse to calculate
the hessian:

alan2 <- subset(alan, subset = Location != "Randalstown")
alan2$Location <- factor(as.character(alan2$Location))

library(MASS)
solve <- ginv

zinb.zc <- zicounts(resp=Scars~.,x =~Location + Lar + Mass + Lar:Mass
+ Location:Mass,z =~Location + Lar + Mass + Lar:Mass + Location:Mass,
data = alan2)

rm(solve)