This is for the rcheology package. I run a Shiny web app which lets you
examine changes to functions across R versions:

https://hughjonesd.shinyapps.io/rcheology/

Manually storing and converting the Rd might be possible, but it would be
burdensome in terms of data (and my time). And if the Rd spec has changed
across versions, that’s another problem.

More generally, shouldn’t there be publicly available versioned
documentation? Python has had this for a long time.

David

On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 at 01:01, Jeff Newmiller <jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>
wrote:

> Sure. On your computer. Install the old version of R and let it serve the
> relevant docs.
>
> Dunno of anyone doing this historical dive online for you though. Why
> would you want preformatted docs if you didn't have those old versions
> installed?
>
> On June 29, 2023 4:23:55 PM PDT, David Hugh-Jones <
> davidhughjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >That’s useful to know. But is there anywhere with preformatted HTML pages?
> >
> >Cheers, D
> >
> >On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 at 21:46, Ivan Krylov <krylov.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> These live in the R source tree, under src/library:
> >> https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/library/
> >>
> >> For the actual releases of R, you may have to go looking at the
> >> branches inside that repository, e.g., the following command:
> >>
> >> svn log \
> >>

> https://svn.r-project.org/R/branches/R-4-1-branch/src/library/stats/man/lm.Rd
> >>
> >> ...should tell you the history of ?lm until the latest R-4.1-patched.
> >>
> >> Do the Git mirrors track these release branches? The branching model of
> >> Subversion [*] is different from the Git model, so perhaps not.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best regards,
> >> Ivan
> >>
> >> [*] https://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.using.html