On 28.12.2023 17:00, Christiaan Pieterse wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for showing the difference in the ExampleTradeData. I've fixed
this by adding a .Gitignore file and a "data-raw" folder to load the
ExampleTradeData. I hope I did this correctly. When I check the package (
https://github.com/WoutersResearchGroup/R-IO-PS/tree/CRAN-prep) in RStudio.
I only get 3 notes (see below), and if I run it in PositCloud, it crashes
or yields the same 1 ERROR and 2 NOTES result as before. Why might this be?
Is it a problem or is it fine if I continue working in RStudio since I
cannot increase the specs in PositCloud because I'm working on a research
group account?

Here are the 3 notes I receive in RStudio:

The first is the expected New Submission Note.

The second is the runtime that is too long:
* checking examples ... [43s] NOTE
Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 5s
       user system elapsed
IOPS 10.06   3.35   35.04
How can I reduce this time? I'm not sure how to reduce the size of my
ExampleTradeData without the check giving errors when running the example.

Use a subset of the data or less iterations?
If this fails for you, then we need code to reproduce...

The third note I am unsure what it means:
* checking for detritus in the temp directory ... NOTE
Found the following files/directories:
   'lastMiKTeXException'

This can typically be ignored.

Best,