For package rswipl, cmake still seems to work, but

* one has to search for it on MacOS, see the src/Makevars, as well as the
relevant sections in Writing R extensions
* Windows Defender (also on CRAN) complains about dubious exe-files when
checking the "endianness" of the target system. That can be circumvented by
telling cmake to compile static libraries instead of executables.

I am unsure if my response is specific to your problem, but the links below do
not seem to work.