If you look on the CRAN check results for arrow, you'll see it has errors on the Linux platforms that use clang, and can't be installed there.

For you to deal with this, you should make arrow into a suggested package, and if it is missing, work around that without generating an error. Another choice would be to work with the arrow developers to get it to install on the systems where it fails now, but it's a big package, so that would likely be a lot harder.

Duncan Murdoch