On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 at 13:29, Bilal Abd <bilal...@outlook.fr> wrote:

> Hello, I am contacting you because it seems that there is a problem with your
> tutorial to install R LIEN, I use a Centos7 server, I have epel and installed
> R which works, however I cannot install certain libraries which depend on
> packages like "curl", "TTR" etc ..
> These libraries are available according to your site with the command "dnf
> repoquery --repo = fedora-source R- *" except that one indicates to me
> "Error: Unknown repo : fedora-source "I did a lot of research on the internet
> and this repo does not seem to exist, the only site where I find
> "fedora-source" is yours ... I tried to replace "fedora- source" by "fedora"
> or "fedora-packager"etc ... without success ...I also installed curl and
> Rcurl from the command line (yum install curl etc ...) but that doesn't
> change anything and curl is just an example of the bigger problem.

That command is for Fedora. Try "repoquery R-*" on CentOS 7. You'll
see that there is a very limited number of packages included in EPEL
7. Also, the R version is outdated, as it is the toolchain available
there, so you won't be able to install many packages from CRAN. My
recommendation is to upgrade to CentOS 8.

--
Iñaki Úcar