sudo dnf --enablerepo="*-source" builddep R

This will look at the Fedora R source package (from the Fedora source
repositories, normally disabled) and install all the BuildRequires it
specifies.

I can't remember off hand if the "builddep" plug-in automatically enables
the source repos these days, so that bit might be a no-op, but it's not
harmful.

~spot

P.S. I assume you have a solid reason to build your own, but if you would
like to see changes to the Fedora R package, my inbox is always open. :)

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022, 12:42 AM Jim Lemon <drjimle...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am once again trying to install the necessary dependencies for
> building R on a new installation of Fedora 35. Is there any easier way
> to do this than running ./configure many times and plugging the holes
> one by one?
>
> Jim

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]