On Friday, 7 January 2022 07.30.22 WET Jim Lemon wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> As I maintain a few packages on CRAN, The Rules say I should build
> them with an up to the minute version of R. Whenever I have installed
> R from a repo, it always seems to be a few versions behind. I'll let
> you know how it goes. Thanks.
>
> Jim

Please take what follows as genuine curiosity, because it is. :-)

Your remark seems strange because in general Tom rebuilds R in one or two
weeks after it is released, at least for point releases.

The issue sometimes happens when a new release happens where in some cases the
only viable option is to rebuild all the R packages. In that case we need to
come with a way to automatically rebuild the packages (because order matters
here).

Is this the problem that you are seeing?

Another worthwhile mentioning project is:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/iucar/cran/

Best regards,
--
Jos� Ab�lio