Update:

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 at 17:40, Iñaki Ucar <iu...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue here. :( I mounted a smb
> share, created a symlink from ~/R, and installed dplyr without any
> issue (apart from the installation process taking ages). Fortunately,
> this rules out our binary R package as responsible for the issue you
> are experiencing, unless I'm missing something.

The experiment above was done using kio-fuse to mount the folder. Now
I've been able to reproduce the error using a regular CIFS mount. I
reproduced this both with Fedora and Debian R binaries. Then I
executed the installation step by step, and I checked that, when the
mv command is invoked, manually running mv in the console does trigger
the error too. So again, I don't think there's any issue with R.

However, I've also managed to fix the issue by adding the nolease
option to the mount command. Hope it helps.

Iñaki

--
Iñaki Úcar