hello, first time user here and aspiring grad student. I have a set of
location data that I’ve been trying to import into google earth engine from R
as a CSV file. The problem is that about half of my data is from utm zone 12,
and the other half is from utm zone 11. When I import my original data into
google earth engine, the zone 11 data is shifted over to the right because I
use utm zone 12 as the crs in R. After some reading into the definition of a
utm zone, I tried to just subtract 6 from the zone 11 latitude values after
first converting them to a lon/lat format. This appears to have worked as on
first glance all of the zone 11 points are where they should be, however it
feels like too easy a fix for me after struggling with this for several days.
So my question is, is this an acceptable way to convert my data, or am I doing
something wrong that could result in inaccurate location data? Thanks!