Totally agree with Roger.

They charge for teaching the use of free software and for packages that are
not even developers or maintainers.

And they are not cheap! There are thousands of free tutorials, books and
courses in this giant R community. No need to pay for it.

Best

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 8:12 PM Roger Bivand <roger.biv...@nhh.no> wrote:

> Advertising of commercial courses charging more than simple cost-covering
> is bad practice. The list maintainer should have been asked for permission,
> something most course providers usually are careful to do. Please desist -
> any further such postings without permission will lead to administrative
> unsubscription. You use multiple other channels to market your courses,
> please do not turn this list into a commercial arena as it will lead to
> many ceasing to use the list for its main purposes.
>
> --
> Roger Bivand
> Emeritus Professor
> Norwegian School of Economics
> Postboks 3490 Ytre Sandviken, 5045 Bergen, Norway
> roger.biv...@nhh.no

*Mauricio Mardones Inostroza*

Investigador Departamento Evaluación de Recursos
Instituto de Fomento Pesquero - IFOP
Valparaíso - Chile
+56-32-21514 <callto:+56-32-2151424>42

www.ifop.cl

--
C*ertificación ISO 9001/2015*: Sistema de Datos Biológico-Pesqueros (Arica,
Iquique, Coquimbo, Valparaíso, San Antonio, Talcahuano y Calbuco,